Job #2349: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Strategic PR and Social Media Specialist who will be responsible for developing and administering awareness and external communications surrounding our client. The successful Strategic PR & Social Media Specialist candidate is a passionate advocate with solid public relations skills, web and social media expertise. Key areas include strategic communications, social media content development, management, and tracking, media relations, public relations, and multimedia/publications/production experience. The Strategic PR and Social Media Specialist creates and provides information in an engaging manner to the online and external community. This is not a traditional PR and Social Media position, we are looking for someone to lead online organic brand awareness.
- Create synergies with the marketing team to initiate joint projects which feature a high integration of social, newsletter and website.
- Network with industry professionals, writers, journalists, and influencers through social media outreach and leverage these relationships to benefit our PR and marketing efforts in a mutual way.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product development teams to create social ‘buzz’ regarding new product launches.
- Build a team of internal and external partners to widely disseminate the story of our brand, major product developments, and key initiatives to drive a consistent narrative around our company and products
- Embed with product groups to inform and develop media strategy centered around product launches and other internal timelines
- Work with product groups and marketing to define and execute a strategy for creating and improving documentation, blog posts, articles, media content, and collateral directed specifically to project partners and open source software developers
- Build and manage a strong media partner ecosystem
- Nurture existing relationships to deliver ongoing mutual value and evolve the relationship
- Maintain close monitoring of emerging, high potential partners, writers and websites which may be valuable partners in future
- Provide partner leadership across the world by working closely with all partners and international teams
- Draft newsworthy press releases that are representing our brand, values, and products that will get picked up by the media and the broad network of industry professionals that you already have or will establish
- Work closely with the marketing team and developers
- Approach developers, customers, interesting speakers or other relevant guests to invite them to come on our weekly show
- “Other Stuff.” We’re a small group and everyone wears many hats. Be prepared to be flexible and take on additional responsibilities as required
- 3-5+ years experience in PR and communications, preferably with an established personal network of journalists, writers and/or influencers in the technology, software and open source world or ability to build it quickly
- Experience with no cost online marketing campaigns
- Ability to deal with negative sentiment diplomatically and convert detractors to supporters
- Proven success as a PR Strategist
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies
- A track record of generating and promoting widespread media coverage in technical, business, and consumer-facing publications
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated topics, and create a concise and well-written narrative
- Ability to pay painstaking attention to important details